Attendees: - Alexi B, Vernonica B, Fiona N, Andy F, Kirsten F, Rob B, Sandra HS, Rachel C, Sally L, Katharine M, Jacqui T, Emma G, Amit D
Apologies: - Beth R (raffle tickets), Donna W (Press Publicity), Linda L (prizes pickup), Seema T (Holi Fest), Shasha M (Gelato & translations), Chriss R (Cake stall handover), Clive B (logistics), Valerie C (Devonshire Tea), Ruth (runner, support)
Round the grounds – meeting everyone
- Katharine M – will start to round up spruikers re: choc wheel
- Donna W – will be doing publicity. Is also a sponsor. Committee doesn’t think there is a conflict of interest, fine to proceed.
- Sponsorship – try car dealerships / medical centres / pharmaceuticals (Hornsby Heights pharmacy?)
- Can we use emails collected from P&C website? Do we have to collect via class parents? Rather than wait to collect this info at parent/teacher night – get teachers to organize the class parent early.
- Communications poistion – needs to be filled
- Emergency Services – Katharine to book St John’s / completing insurance form / book walkie talkies
- Katharine noted all market stall holders need to provide PL insurance
- Tasks that can be done in pairs / buddy system:
- sending out the notes to the kids : lucky dip / mufti notes / cake stalls / information posters up. – Veronica and Kirsten have volunteered
- International food support – meeting with international food parents / ordering plastics containers / checking everyone is happy on the day (WHS)
- New stall ideas: Tombola (eg: throw rings over number – small clear containers, get kids to fill, prizes for parents as well as kids) – needs to be a game of skill rather than everyone wins a prize on every toss. Or bottle toss – need someone to take this task on … need to think it through, best if the buddies take it on? Maybe a pair of Kindi kids
- Community groups liaison person – talking to different sporting groups / music groups / community groups / Hornsby players / Studio Arts and asking if they want to do an activity (maybe near the Old Berowra gate or cricket pitch)
- Send ‘jobs you can do with a buddy’ via class parent, include a description & also specifically target Kindi parents NOW as this is a “down” period before craziness of term 4
- Target K-2 parents as they are still ‘new parents’
- Discussion re: moving the international food to the quadrangle
- Kids activities should be near the food area / kindyfarm (somewhere with seating) so parents can watch them, but still have some downtime.
- Cake stall to stay near the staffroom
- Inflatable soccer – could be put in the ‘campground’ (they’d have to be in last in and first out as it’s a thoroughfare
- No ponies – too hard / too expensive
- Dead space – near the cricket nets
- Performance groups to be combined near the eating space – further discussion required
- Kindy kids to stay on steps for their performance
- Band to stay in fake grass area
- Add a photography section to the colouring competition – open it up to adults
- Chinese after school care class – ask if they’d like to perform at the fair
- International fashion parade? May not be necessary / where would you put it?
- When using ‘Doodle’ need to have more information describing what is required.
- Can do an Autumn Fair note for the 2017 new Kindy Expo? – Maree approved
- Can we do an Autumn Fair note for the current Kindy kids – we know it was new for you this year… do you want to help out… buddy positions are available. Marie said she’ll get Sharon Gates to do this – just needs a bullet point lists of what should be included
Try to get everyone involved in the room and group people together to start to work through ideas.